Reptile Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
if you want good quality royals, id adivse you of Scott Wilkinson aka Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds, Reptiles for Sale, Reptile Caresheets ~ CaptiveBred.co.uk as he sometimes gets imports from America, but breeds his own over here, im getting a pair from him next month and he's been great. As for Hamm - ..:: Terraristika Hamm ::.. - Anbieterverzeichnis is the website, but its tad pants as mostly in German..anything u need to know,just ask as a lot of us on here have been so theres not much the website will tell u that we couldnt!!

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
ps- very few american breeders ship to us, takes ages, costs a bomb...my first trio were collected from bob clark in hamm (before we were introduced to scott) so it works out easier to pay then collect them in germany..however,there was A LOT of hassle involved..Hamm is in March, September, December..usually the 2nd saturday of the month from 10am till 5pm, 10euro to get in..fantastic way to spend the weekend..prices vary, depends entirely what your looking for..

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
unless ur buying an animal on the endangered list/venemous etc which all needs a license etc, then u can just drive them back. we drive there using the tunnel from folkestone to calais return, and just get whoever we buy snakes from to fill out an 'owners' paper, just proving what it is,how much u paid, and a signature (just incase u get stopped coming bk into the uk) but apart from that,simple!

·
Registered
525 Posts
unless ur buying an animal on the endangered list/venemous etc which all needs a license etc, then u can just drive them back. we drive there using the tunnel from folkestone to calais return, and just get whoever we buy snakes from to fill out an 'owners' paper, just proving what it is,how much u paid, and a signature (just incase u get stopped coming bk into the uk) but apart from that,simple!
Thankyou thats quite interesting! Do you take heat packs to keep them nice and warm for the journey?

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Me and my husband will be importing royal, boas and retics from america this year. If you let me know what you want i will try and get a price for you.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
yep i tend to take a few polyboxes(that way u can always have room for unexpected buys!), and heat packs,the gel ones which remain fairly constant are brilliant,they last the whole journey..

·
Registered
525 Posts
Im sure you always end up coming back with more than you anticipate.

When exactly is the show?

I suppose its a drive up the day before hotel then have the day at the show and drive back?

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
yep drive there the friday, hotel and nice meal (cheap booze) friday night, have a peek at whoever is selling stuff and staying in the same hotel at you,then show saturday and the drive back sat afternoon/evening..the drive home is always interesting for us - the argument of 'what to name the new' additions always provides interesting chat..

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
september 13th..if u have a look in the 'general herp chat' section there will always be people hiring coaches etc to go..best way to go the first time,is with a coach full of like-minded loonies!!!!:Na_Na_Na_Na:

·
Registered
525 Posts
Sounds like a plan im glad its not next month gonna need till september to save up for the inevitable purchases.

Thanks for the advice!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts