Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to be able to add levels to my corn snakes (Blaze) viv and I was wondering if a lizard hammock would be able to support a 4ft corn? If not does anyone have any suggestions that wouldn't compromise his ground space? Thanks

·
Registered
549 Posts
i had ropes hanging from the ceiling in one of my tanks , also wicker ferret boxes or chinchilla boxes make good hides too they sell them at pets at home an places like that :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, he had a fake rock hide, which he is in out in out all the time (except when about to shed, then he lives in it), but the ropes are an idea. It is a wooden lid so they could be attached to that.

·
Registered
549 Posts
yeah ropes are definitely an idea plus if you get really chunky stuff they'll rub on that for shedding too , ive just got a baby boa an hes a climber might be gettin some more rope for him :)

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Just out of curiosity, if you have hides/climbs etc at different levels do you need to make any change to the way the viv is heated? (for ambient temp reasons etc?)

Silly question but if you dont ask you dont know!

·
Registered
160 Posts
i hung a loo roll from the tyop of my corn charlies tank when he was younger he loves it an even tho hes loads fatter now an keeps pulling it down when he climbs on it he still loves it..

·
Registered
130 Posts
Just out of curiosity, if you have hides/climbs etc at different levels do you need to make any change to the way the viv is heated? (for ambient temp reasons etc?)

Silly question but if you dont ask you dont know!

I've never found any problems with having different hides/moving them etc. as the snake will thermoregulate itself either way. Just keep the temps relative for the warm end/cold end to what they should be and the snake will do the rest :2thumb:

·
Registered
5 Posts
not sure how well it would work or how you would attach it in a viv but when i had pet rats i used to use a little string strap vest top and they loved it - if you can attach it to the viv might work?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts