Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just fed one of my winter white dwarf hamsters with a live meal worm. He absoloutly loved it. Anyone else fed theirs meal worm or any other live food before? :2thumb:

·
Registered
9,191 Posts
When I bred and showed hamsters, I would regularly give them garden worms, tinned dog and cat meat etc. In the wild they would eat anything they came across in their tunnels and meat is just protein. They are omnivorouse, not vegetarians so feed away.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
ive never fed my three Pebbles, Bam,Bam and Twilight live food the only things i feed them are hamster food, fruit and sometimes crackers they love crackers!!!

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah. I used some plastic tweasers, my hamster leaped onto the meal worm and totally destroyed it. :lol2: And then he made sure not 1 little bit of it was left. :2thumb:

·
Registered
16,933 Posts
when im cleaning my mice and rats out i put a handfull of meal worms in to keep them occupied until their home is clean and tidy for them

they love them : victory:

·
Registered
25,693 Posts
I give them to my mice and rats too as treats (As well as the hedgehogs) and they absolutely love them. I've actually had mice stop mating to come and eat mealworms, you know it's got to be good when it's better than sex! :whistling2:

·
Registered
16,933 Posts
I give them to my mice and rats too as treats (As well as the hedgehogs) and they absolutely love them. I've actually had mice stop mating to come and eat mealworms, you know it's got to be good when it's better than sex! :whistling2:
LOL hmmm i will take the rodents word for that one dont really want to try mealworms myself makes me cringe when the wiggle when ya pick em up :lol2:

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
LOL hmmm i will take the rodents word for that one dont really want to try mealworms myself makes me cringe when the wiggle when ya pick em up :lol2:
i always think when they are wriggling the are trying to bite!! :lol2: im scared of em! i use tweezers now:)

·
Registered
16,933 Posts
i always think when they are wriggling the are trying to bite!! :lol2: im scared of em! i use tweezers now:)
LOL bless ya you big wussy

i just throw em in the dishes quick its worse when they cling to you and you can get em off :lol2:

though all my rodent type animals love em real mealie munchers they are :lol2:

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
what would happen if a dog got hold of a mealie? my jack russell puppy did, is it anything to worry about? he seems fine:)

·
Registered
16,933 Posts
what would happen if a dog got hold of a mealie? my jack russell puppy did, is it anything to worry about? he seems fine:)

i dont think it would do any harm gawd mine eat flys an worms an all sorts of bugs that cross the yard

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
wha sort of dog is the brown one with the curly haired ears in your sig?? my grandma has one but doesnt know, and i want one:)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts