Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone got any tips? I've kind of fallen in love with a fire belly at my local petshop and he looks a bit lonesome, but ive not owned any reptile's or amphibians before, so im a bit hesistant.

I've read some caresheets and it all seems straightforward enough, but does anyone have any tips on handling them? or any other advice i should heed?

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oooo and another Q, can anyone tell me the SIMPLEST way to tell apart Chinese and Japenese fire bellies. As i mentioned, there's "A" fire belly in my local petshop, but i don't think the owners have much of a clue. I know chinese fire bellies are far more common in captivity and are quite alot smaller when adult, 2 inches compared to 4/5 but i think this ones only a lil baby.

i read somewhere, something about a gland behind the ear??

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh ok, i guessed there wouldnt be much handling anyway, i know they get stressed easily and when they do they release toxins from their back but thought i'd check.

Does anyone have any foolproof ways of telling chinese and japanese fire bellies apart whilst still juvenile then?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts