Votes: 9 36.0%
  • neccersary evil

Votes: 16 64.0%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I often see people say handling hots is an un-neccesary risk.
But surely its needed occasionally to get the snake used to being handled in case they need treatment.
So what are your views?
Un-neccesary risk or needed/useful.

·
Registered
71,221 Posts
you can't handle them just for fun. if you have to examine them then yes...as with any other snake...but just for giggles....no

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
for meds yes for fun you would have to be stupid and shoudent have dwa

·
Registered
71,221 Posts
you can take them into the yard with a hook and mess with them. but never consider them tame..

·
Registered
865 Posts
I say it is UN-necessary 99% of the time you see people handling them. There is a method called tubing that is a lot safer. I think a lot of people get impatient and don't use this method but its safer than going hands on. Then there are those time when you have no choice. I say 99% of the time I say it can be avoided.

My opinion.
Eric G.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I think you would have to be very naive to take on a hot and just assume you will never have to handle it... That mentality annoys me not just cos the people cant have thought their choice through, but because it shows a lack of consideration for the welfare of the animal. If it gets sick you have to be prepared to treat it and thats that, even if it requires handling, or you should not have the animal...

Tubing is a great option.... as long as the tube is the appropriate size it puts a nice layer of plastic between you and the pointy bits :)

lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts