Reptile Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi my friend makes hammocks and bonding poches in a range of fabrics and colours/prints (polly cotton and fleese)

Hammocks start at £4 each and postage starts at £1.50

Things can also be made to order, payment is via paypal or cash on collection if you are local.

I have 6 of these hammocks and i wash them every week with no problems :)

Rat Hammocks for sale | Facebook PLEASE USE LINK TO SEE/ORDER HAMMOCKS

Hillway Fancy Rats also have baby rats for sale from time to time, every rat has individual photos put up and able to be reserved from 2 weeks old. Hillway prefer rats to be collected but happy to courier via DEFRA reg courier at buyers expense and buyer to arrange courier.

Top ear/dumbo/flat coat and rexs £7
Naked rats top ear and dumbo £10

Images are of previous Hillway litters, various coats and colours are available..
silver fawns, siamese, miss marked, capped, hooded, selfs, blues, augouti blues etc. if there is something you are looking for please ask on the Hillway page..I can pass on messages/email addresses if needed. xx

Hillway Fancy Rats | Facebook PLEASE USE LINK TO SEE/RESERVE BABIES

**these rats and hammocks belong to a friend I am advertising them on her behalf **

Thank-you, any questions please ask :flrt:

If you see something on the hillway page i am more than happy to take orders for Julia via my rfuk account, it may take sometime for me to respond via rfuk as im not always on here..

Attachments

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rats aren't exactly that hard to breed though in fairness :lol2:
Have you ever heard of hand rearing?
My last naked litter was hand reared, i spent £26 on their substitute milk, a further £6 on puppy milk, then had to buy egg food diet which was £5. i had 3 babies so no they don't 'cost the same'.

At the end of the day the nakeds cost a fortune my last female had one litter then got ill her vets bill was £85. The money i or my friend gets from rats goes into the rats. We are always upgrading. We had critter 3 cages, we then upgraded to ferplast Xl and now we are upgrading to the happy house.

I have friends that charge £22 per rat! They are just standard top eared rats.. Nothing special but just blacks. They live 3 doors from me but because they have Nfrs membership they think their rats are worth £22.. So if in your opinion all rats are the same why do Nfrs members charge upwards of £18 a rat? They aren't any different to Hi havellways rats but they are more than double.

ps. I think by jumping on my threadmoaning about the prices is against the rfuk rules.. Commenting on a thread that you have no interest in buying?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Please just get off my post. I don't care how much you charge or anybody else. £7 & £10 is the price.. I didn't make the post for you to moan about the prices.
You have no intention of buying rats or hammocks your just filling up my post.

I am an ethical breeder, so is my friend. my girls have nothing but the best! My friend makes the hammock for me, i make my own treats and cakes for them. .

Different breeders charge different prices. I've just paid £18 for a powder blue and £13 for a Russian blue rex from the same breeder. If i didn't like the prices i wouldn't have handed my money over.. I like to insure my rats that i buy aren't from breeders that use plastic tubs or hamster cages..

That's why no ethical breeders breed for hairless...they have too many issues that can't be bred out.

What breeder is that then? I would be really interested to know, as to my knowledge, NOBODY charges that : victory:

I am a NFRS member, a registered rattery, and on the breeders list...I charge £10 each, or £25 a trio...again I don't know anybody charging more than £15 each max or £25 pair.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.