Reptile Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if i hard boiled some eggs and removed the shell would i be able to feed them to my bt skink? just like once a week or something
any help would be great thanks
manda xx

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
id say 100% yes for say once every 2 weeks, assumin wieght wise its about the same as its usual meal... but i dont know..

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was just going to mix it in with her veggies as she aint keen on veg at all so might get her to eat it more she just cheeky cause she nose weather she eats her veg or not she gets snails at the end of the week :D
manda xx

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
cool...i didnt realise blue tongues ate veg atall..i knew they liked snails..

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes its ment to be 60% fruit n veg 40% meat but hers seems to be the other way round lol
manda xx

·
Registered
669 Posts
My bts is the same!!! He loves his chicken and pinkies but not his veg. And the snails dont stand a chance..he has them all the time in his viv.
Ive not yet tried him on hard boiled egg,he likes scrambled tho!! :D

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Yes boiled eggs are good

we give boiled eggs to our two every couple of weeks and we mix it with the veglik you because they do not like the veg unless its starting to grow fur :oops: :shock:

·
Registered
197 Posts
mine loves a boiled egg cut in quarters and hes away
as for vegs its anther matter

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
do you think I could feed mine snails?? I wasn't sure cause hes a baby, were do I get them from?? ( I am prob asking stupid questions) don't really think getting them out of the garden would be good lol :?

p.s mine loves his veggies! :D

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
Could you not get some out of the garden and put them in a tub and feed them for a few weeks. Maybe if they have come onto contact with something they shouldnt they will pass it all out and if you regulary keep them cleaned out they should be ok. Or does it not work like this :?

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
tombraider said:
Could you not get some out of the garden and put them in a tub and feed them for a few weeks. Maybe if they have come onto contact with something they shouldnt they will pass it all out and if you regulary keep them cleaned out they should be ok. Or does it not work like this :?

I am not sure lol! :? :help:

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i just get mine stright out the garden and give them a wash under warm water lol you cant use them if you use slug pellets or sprays in your garden though
manda xx

·
Registered
197 Posts
i have people at work give me tubs of their snails they think its kinder then killing them they wouldnt think that if they watched Nero with one

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hahaha my thunder loves the things ive posted pics on the lizard section of her eating one if you wanna see it :d
manda xx

·
Registered
669 Posts
I give mine snails,collect them and keep them for a while and feed em well then the bts is eating his greens and he doesnt even know it!!! :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts