Reptile Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know they are shy but have they ever been known to be aggressive? mine is only small however i would like to find out how badly it would hurt if he were to bite me.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
i know they are shy but have they ever been known to be aggressive? mine is only small however i would like to find out how badly it would hurt if he were to bite me.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Hi, once fully acclimated they are not usually a "shy" species, neither are they "aggressive", but like most animals if they feel threatened they will react defensively. A bite from an adult will easily break the skin but you would probably NOT require surgery (even though their relatively small teeth are very sharp and they have relatively strong jaws).. ;)
Can you show a few photos of the whole enclosure and give details of the conditions? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
9,489 Posts
I have been bitten by babies which doesn't hurt and by juvies which can hurt a little and break the skin. One of my adults bit me which did smart a bit but it was not a full bite. As said once they get used to you though they generally do not bite. My bites have usually been caused by me picking them up when they did not want to be picked up lol.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Riley has only biten me once ahich was when he was stil fairly young. It was caused by me having to pick him up when he wast yet used to me properly. Taming ackies can take a fair while but it really is best to do at their own speed i think. In this case I didnt have a choice but to remove him from his viv and he showed his displeasure after struggling to get away for a time and not being able to. It pinched but didnt really hurt... that said I wouldnt fancy a bite from him now :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts