Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering has anyone used TNT for reptiles, if so how did you find it, was everything safe??
cheers :D

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is gaz exopet? if so how does he pack it?

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
gaz isnt exopet, but exopet is the person who told me how to pack mine and they arrived fine. Me on the otherhand, i was up ALL night worrying about her!!!

Saying that if its the Uro i know they need it alor hotter than Cresties so i dont know how they'd cope being unheated overnight this time of year. If he's done Uros before though i'd say its a good bet it'll be fine

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok cheers! anyone else? :)

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
have not used them myself as i either travel or get ditta pick it up for me...i have herd good things but also bad.i think with people like exo pet they do it quite often so know what they are doing and genrally care and pack them well to ensure they are fine.think its just the smaller people i dont trust an actually some tnt drivers etc throwing them around

as a rule now i dont think you can tnt reptiles with tnt unless you already have a account with them.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bump :up:

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I couldnt do with the worry, i worry about my crix getting to me safely, cant you use reptile taxi? Sorry not much help :(

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
received my Boa via TNT
No problems at all, its all about the packaging.
You can get heat packs that last overnight to keep them warm, so as long as they're not stuck in a sorting office all weekend they should be fine.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
right, what about lizards? do they get damaged? or has anyone recieved lizards using TNT?

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bump :up:

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
i have i got a leopard gecko off PSgeckos from TNT, and although TNT messed up by not getting it here on time, he arrived 4 hours late, but was well packaged, and all snuggled up warm so it was fine. He went straight into his new enclosure and gobbled down 10 mealies on his first night, so he must have had a comfortable ride! i was impressed by the care, not the time keeping, even so i'd use them again and i'd use PSgeckos anytime

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
oh, THAT tnt!........:lol2:
I dont think their on about the type bugs bunny uses :lol2:

I only used them once and that was for a frog and everything went ok. the driver stayed while i opened the box to make sure froggie was ok before leaving:2thumb:

·
Premium Member
7,219 Posts
I've used them with no problems whatsoever for a leo. Like has already been said it's all to do with how well they're packaged. My leo arrived totally unstressed (ate straight away and was happy to be handled straight away) and nice and warm.

I'd use them again but only from a breeder I really trusted.

·
Registered
164 Posts
i was wondering has anyone used TNT for reptiles, if so how did you find it, was everything safe??
cheers :D
i used it on a beardy........made a bit of a mess and a massive bang dont think he liked it much.....think i will stick to veggies in the future.....!

·
Registered
71,221 Posts
i used it on a beardy........made a bit of a mess and a massive bang dont think he liked it much.....think i will stick to veggies in the future.....!

hehehehehe!!!!:crazy:

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Ive used tnt 4 times. First 2 were perfect, next one was 3 cresties and they arrived 4 hours late and one couldnt walk!! After x-rays found out she had damaged a bone in her neck. Next ones arrived at 9am with the box sitting on its side, luckily the snakes were fine. Is it not a bit cold now

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks for the replies guys! :D
so if i were to get a uromastyx, how would a breeder pack it?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts