Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of building a hatchling rack and wondered if anybody could give me some advice. I have always put my tubs under a row of ceramics inside a viv with great success but I think I could utilse my space with a rack better. What size tubs should I use and how should I set the heating up? I'm very strict regarding temps and so I don't like any variation.

·
Registered
13,358 Posts
with my hatchling rack(very small one), i'm using contico boxes, with heat strips on back third to a mat-stat. there is some flutuation, as always with mat stats but doesn't really affect my corns

what are you planning on keeping in them?

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
I would do the same as above, though using heat cable sat in routed channels under the boxes is probably cheaper than using strips. The best way to keep your temps very constant is to use a good stat, the actual method of heating doesnt alter it too much.

Rather than using a mat stat for the mats or cable, use a pulse stat as you would with the ceramics.

·
Registered
13,358 Posts
I would do the same as above, though using heat cable sat in routed channels under the boxes is probably cheaper than using strips. The best way to keep your temps very constant is to use a good stat, the actual method of heating doesnt alter it too much.

Rather than using a mat stat for the mats or cable, use a pulse stat as you would with the ceramics.
yeah, for corns the fluctuations not that critical hence the mat-stats, my royals and all boids from the past i always used ceramics and pulse stats

1 - 6 of 6 Posts