Reptile Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My hatchling carpet python keeps hiding under her water bowl, I like to change my snakes water every day but I don't want to keep disturbing her and stress her out while she settles in but I obviously don't want to leave her with dirty water, what should I do?

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Get another water bowl, or, another hide?

Even a small bowl with water in will be okay if you don't want to disturb her. That way, she always has clean water.

Personally, id just change it normally lol

·
Registered
27,924 Posts
I would just change it as normal, my hoggie has one of those plastic water bowls meant for small dogs and she does like to hide underneath it, I think she just makes use of it as another cool hide, sometime I find her under it, sometimes I don't lol

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I'm gonna get a smaller bowl, She's going into a RUB as soon as it arrives, she's in a 2ft viv at the moment as I underestimated just how small she'd be, I'd thought I lost her for a minute she wasn't under any hides or water bowl, she's tucked away in the corner, wrapped around a plant by the bulb lol.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Btw the problem was with her being under the bowl she has more than enough room I just don't want to put it back on top of her and risk hurting her so I have to disturb her and get her to move out the way lol

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Btw the problem was with her being under the bowl she has more than enough room I just don't want to put it back on top of her and risk hurting her so I have to disturb her and get her to move out the way lol
I'd stick it next to her then if you want to continue using that waterbowl..

It's when they sit under it, and tip it over every 5 mins then, it becomes a pain in the bum!

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'd stick it next to her then if you want to continue using that waterbowl..

It's when they sit under it, and tip it over every 5 mins then, it becomes a pain in the bum!
There's no room in the viv to put it anywhere else, I packed it out with that much stuff so she didn't have big open spaces to feel insecure about.
It's ok now though she's going into a smaller enclosure with a smaller bowl lol
Thanks for all the quick replies though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts