Reptile Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Funkygeckos.webs.com
5,359 Posts
No pressure to get the ball rolling then? Wouldn`t have thought there`d be too many hatchlings around at this time of year really.

·
Premium Member
14,592 Posts
Erm...I don't even have eggs yet, never mind hatchlings!

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
A few Leatherbacks and Hypo het Trans out so far - these came out 5th Jan:

Then this little midget (and his somewhat larger siblings!) came out last week:

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I hope mourning gecko hatchlings count! Here are three of mine;

Please excuse the poor quality of the pics....it's extremely difficult to get an even half decent photo of these due to their small size (4cm, 0.2g on hatching) and propensity to tear around like complete loons.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All lizard hatchlings count!

Lovely looking beardies!

I bet the mourning geckos are tiny!

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
I hope mourning gecko hatchlings count! Here are three of mine;

Please excuse the poor quality of the pics....it's extremely difficult to get an even half decent photo of these due to their small size (4cm, 0.2g on hatching) and propensity to tear around like complete loons.
They look mad! have you got any photos of them next to coins to get a proper idea of size?

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Beautiful hatchlings Val. I love how vivid the pattern is on hatchlings...I'm impressed with how good those pics are! I can't even get pics of the adults. Lol

They look mad! have you got any photos of them next to coins to get a proper idea of size?
They are TINY. Only a few cm's long and half (if not more) is tail....the adults are rocket propelled so I'm a little nervous about finding my first hatchlings. I've had 7 eggs hatch out in the viv so far but haven't found a single hatchling yet....fingers crossed for the next clutch which shoud be laid in the next week or so.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I bet the mourning geckos are tiny!
They're absolutely teeny!

Not next to a coin, no. However, this pic (taken within a few hours of this littlun hatching) has been scaled so that it's lifesize (sorry, it's not the best pic in the world, but I didn't want to disturb her too much, so had to take the shot through the side of the tub)....

Beautiful hatchlings Val. I love how vivid the pattern is on hatchlings...I'm impressed with how good those pics are! I can't even get pics of the adults. Lol

They are TINY. Only a few cm's long and half (if not more) is tail....the adults are rocket propelled so I'm a little nervous about finding my first hatchlings. I've had 7 eggs hatch out in the viv so far but haven't found a single hatchling yet....fingers crossed for the next clutch which shoud be laid in the next week or so.
Thanks James. They're an absolute nightmare to get pics of.....especially as they have a habit of hurling themselves at the camera whenever I aim it at them; they are far too inquisitive for their own good! Good luck with your next clutch; I hope your female is a bit more cooperative when it comes to selecting a laying spot next time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts