Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
I had them when I was a kid, Yeah I waited 24 ours before I out the eggs in cos you have to wait for the water to be ready. (but my mum MADE me wait) :lol2:

·
Registered
12,007 Posts
You have to allow for the chemicals to fully disperse and for the water to reach room temp.

Mine started breeding but didnt live very long after not so sure what i did wrong.

Marina:)

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
I had them in work on my desk and some tool who looks and sounds like Trunchbull from the film Matilda knocked them over and tried scooping them up in her hands! They were all over my desk, in my keyboard and all down my legs!

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
:( thats AWFUL!!!! evil so and so,, i had them all the time as a kid, but that was like 10 or so years ago.

·
Registered
20,375 Posts
I had them in work on my desk and some tool who looks and sounds like Trunchbull from the film Matilda knocked them over and tried scooping them up in her hands! They were all over my desk, in my keyboard and all down my legs!
Sorry I just lmao at that! :oops:

·
Registered
8,227 Posts
Aww thats actually quite sad :(
I used to have them. They are great! All mine had names!
I want some more now lol!!

·
Registered
916 Posts
yes...
i cant believe people keep brine shrimp as pets...the only interesting thing to ever happen in those stupid things is that an aptasia comes up and eats them all...thats cool...then keep the aptasia...

·
Registered
81 Posts
i had them for 18 months , great little pets for a young child or a child like adult...!! tehre very good but you have to make sure you set them up right and they will keep you interested in them for ages . mine breed and died and the babys grew and had babys one big mad cycle of life !!

i recommend them too anyone

and yes there brine shrimp

·
Registered
9,472 Posts
There brill....when mine got to a decent size my one eat the other, :( and the other i think he died from being so full

·
Pets are a luxury!!!
28,359 Posts
Has anyone had them other things Trytops or something. Huge things like monster seamonkeys. You end up with one as they eat each other, a bit like prehistoric sea monsters lol

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I had some when I was in student halls as I wasn't allowed any other aminals. They were going great guns and breeding and some drunken plonker drank them for a dare at a house party. They may not be very interesting but I still got attached to the little beggars.

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
My eldest used to have these when she was younger. She loved them. We went on holiday though and she left them in the sun coming through the window and the water had all gone by the time we returned :(

Think I will get my other daughter some, bet she will love them.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
i think they are brine shrimp, not too sure if there are any other types you can get, as i have got some brine shrimp only put like half t spoon in got MILLIONS looks like loads of little sperm at the moment... hurts your eye keep looking at them for too long....
any ideas on what to feed them?
thanks

1 - 20 of 25 Posts