Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whilst having a soak in the bath, I was thinking of all things snakey and specifically how hybridization has given us a number of intriguing and captivating m̶a̶n̶g̶y̶ ̶m̶u̶t̶t̶s designer snakes - from bat and cat-eaters, to carpondros, wall and burmball pythons and beyond.

But what about slightly more outlandish crosses?

For example - say I decided to put my Royal and Scrub together? Now, Royals seem hard-wired when threatened to curl in upon themselves whereas Scrubs more typically opt for the strike. So would a ScrallTM python when threatened bite someone in the face and then wrap their head up in a tight ball, or - and more wonderfully - would it wrap into a ball first and then find a way to repeatedly lob itself at that person?

And say if someone managed to fiddle enough with the genetics to allow an egg-layer to produce offspring with a live-birther - would there be a lot of eggs shooting out and bouncing around, their occupants muffledly shouting "Will some:cussing:get me the:cussing:eek:ut of this:cussing:egg!"

Anyway - what other unlikely combos are floating out there in our collective conceptual consciousness?

·
Premium Member
16,488 Posts
a boa constrictor crossed with a parraot = a feather boa

a pair of chinos crossed with any of out slithery friends = A trouser snake

A piece of dandruff crossed with an american colubrid = a cornflake

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
We have played a bit

Our black mamba x western timber rattler is moderately successful
13ft of fast bad attitude that rattles as the big black mouth comes out of no where

Now we are crossing those with leuchistic mainland retics
20ft ghosts to deploy as security guards

·
Registered
856 Posts
well i can see why one of the tags for this thread is stupidity...

but i have heard that some egg laying and some live-birthing sand boas have been crossed, not sure if its true or not

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
how about we cross ornate flying snake with a saw-scaled viper...
death from the air! mwahahahaha!:devil:

I saw a video of a young viper boa, and i think that someone has gone in and slyly crossed a ground boa with a jack russel...

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
Reactions: maxcherry

·
Premium Member
16,488 Posts
well i can see why one of the tags for this thread is stupidity...

but i have heard that some egg laying and some live-birthing sand boas have been crossed, not sure if its true or not

the tags are even better now:whistling2:

·
Registered
318 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ah yes - I see now I missed a couple... ;)

Reactions: Lydia171

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Possibly our most successful project is yet to come

Crossing banded cali king snakes with Malaysian kraits was difficult because they are both snake eaters

But the results should be well worth it
Gorgeous little snakes
They will certainly sort out keepers who are more careful than others

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So is it actually possible to cross venomous with nonvenomous?

·
Registered
5,657 Posts

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
So is it actually possible to cross venomous with nonvenomous?
Not trying to put out ideas because I actually oppose hybrids
but members of one species of colubrid have poisonous; dangerously venomous and harmless sub species
So the chances of hybrids would be pretty high in that case

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Whilst having a soak in the bath, I was thinking of all things snakey and specifically how hybridization has given us a number of intriguing and captivating m̶a̶n̶g̶y̶ ̶m̶u̶t̶t̶s designer snakes - from bat and cat-eaters, to carpondros, wall and burmball pythons and beyond.

But what about slightly more outlandish crosses?

For example - say I decided to put my Royal and Scrub together? Now, Royals seem hard-wired when threatened to curl in upon themselves whereas Scrubs more typically opt for the strike. So would a ScrallTM python when threatened bite someone in the face and then wrap their head up in a tight ball, or - and more wonderfully - would it wrap into a ball first and then find a way to repeatedly lob itself at that person?

And say if someone managed to fiddle enough with the genetics to allow an egg-layer to produce offspring with a live-birther - would there be a lot of eggs shooting out and bouncing around, their occupants muffledly shouting "Will some:cussing:get me the:cussing:eek:ut of this:cussing:egg!"

Anyway - what other unlikely combos are floating out there in our collective conceptual consciousness?
Oh no!!! RFUK has turned another lovely person into a :crazy: being......:whistling2:.

Do the same as max (she was the first person,turned crazy by RFUK-luckily remaining sweet,charming etc BUT A COMPLETE DANGER TO HERSELF :whistling2:......can only suggest you follow her regime,of medicating pills,a nurse,restricted access to the net and only let out of your rub under strict supervision whip2 for any chance of partial recovery....:lol2:.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Boo - insanity is friendly... :flrt:

If all bets (and genetic considerations) were off, I'd cross an Afrock with an anaconda (either one) and a dash of Inland Taipan. And then take over the world.

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
a pair of chinos crossed with any of out slithery friends = A trouser snake

Mr Corpselight has had a lot of success breeding these.

His biggest customer is a lady called Ann Summers :whistling2:

Reactions: Lydia171

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Mr Corpselight has had a lot of success breeding these.

His biggest customer is a lady called Ann Summers :whistling2:
:lol2::roll2:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts