Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys
My name is Geckoman and im from NSW
I keep many Aussie geckos, dragons and frogs that include: Northern(hypo) and marbled velvet geckos,Barking geckos,Clone geckos,Dtellas,Leaf tails, Central netted dragons, Central bearded dragons, Aussie Red eyed green tree frogs and Perons tree frogs

Anyway i hope my username is taken in jest like it was intended and i hope to find out more about the UK herp hobby

If any of you have any questions please feel free to ask
Oh and i cant seem to be able to add attachments, can someone help with that or give me a admin link?
Geckoman

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
Hi already done the welcome thing: victory: i see you can keep beardies are your government/forrestry ok with some local wildlife veeing kept i hear by law your not allowed to keep sugar gliders if not damn shame i used to have 3 and they were stunning little creatures oh and another question is there a ball python (royal) market in Australia at all or are these another animal that cant be imported?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes in certain states we can keep Sugar gliders if u have the appropriates papers (like a $30 license) but i wouldnt bother cos even though they are cute and make good snake food:2thumb: they bloody stink your house up with shit and piss everywhere.
Yes beardies and many other herp species are legal to keep in Oz with a National Parks license (very easy to get, again like 40$)
All exotic herps are illegal in Oz unless you are a zoo
Anything else?
Thanks geckoman

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for your welcome, i can see from your avatar that your something strange too :2thumb:
Do you actually have anything productive to contribute to this forum or do you just make random comments to increase your posts?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So is everyone one here Brats?
Or dont people want to discuss herps with someone from a different hemisphere?
Iv been nothing but polite so far, its good to get a warm welcome

·
Registered
16,577 Posts
Take it in jest mate, and welcome to the forum, you keep alot of lizards what about the Morelia species and you guys have some of the best elapids in the world, you should get yourself a few snakes :no1:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah i love snakes espeicially the tiger snakes and Gosford locale Diamonds pythons (i live in Gosford so i get them in my backyard)
I would keep snakes but the wife has a phobia, but she siad she wouldnt mind legless lizards the other day:2thumb:
So im working on it
Thanks for the welcome

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
G'day. Or good night..?
How long have you lived in Oz...?
About £350.
They are $400-500 Australian (so maybe f250?) here, i would have thought they would be cheaper in the UK considering how much everything else is iv seen

1 - 20 of 25 Posts