Reptile Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone, I have a 3ft high x 2 1/2 L x2ft D vivarium, now the problem is humidity and heat. My humidity is 63 % on my hygrometer, on ambient humidity. Is this ok, if not how do I get my humidity up even more. My basking temp is 86f and my low level temp is 78.8 is this ok. Now I've set up my digital sensor is about six inches from the heat lamp that gives me the basking temp is this ok, I've been told by a good friend of mine to put the habistat sensor on the bottom of the viv but at the back, now with my hygrometer sensor I've put that at the same place as the habitat sensor, or should I move the hygrometer sensor at the other side of the viv this it what I'm not to sure about could someone please help. Many thanks. Sorry I have a panther chameleon.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Hi everyone, I have a 3ft high x 2 1/2 L x2ft D vivarium, now the problem is humidity and heat. My humidity is 63 % on my hygrometer, on ambient humidity. Is this ok, if not how do I get my humidity up even more. My basking temp is 86f and my low level temp is 78.8 is this ok. Now I've set up my digital sensor is about six inches from the heat lamp that gives me the basking temp is this ok, I've been told by a good friend of mine to put the habistat sensor on the bottom of the viv but at the back, now with my hygrometer sensor I've put that at the same place as the habitat sensor, or should I move the hygrometer sensor at the other side of the viv this it what I'm not to sure about could someone please help. Many thanks.
you didnt state what rep you have in the viv

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Hi everyone, I have a 3ft high x 2 1/2 L x2ft D vivarium, now the problem is humidity and heat. My humidity is 63 % on my hygrometer, on ambient humidity. Is this ok, if not how do I get my humidity up even more. My basking temp is 86f and my low level temp is 78.8 is this ok. Now I've set up my digital sensor is about six inches from the heat lamp that gives me the basking temp is this ok, I've been told by a good friend of mine to put the habistat sensor on the bottom of the viv but at the back, now with my hygrometer sensor I've put that at the same place as the habitat sensor, or should I move the hygrometer sensor at the other side of the viv this it what I'm not to sure about could someone please help. Many thanks. Sorry I have a panther chameleon.
the temp sensor should be at the basking spot so you get a good reading of the temp..its no good on the floor..i have my humidity sensors in the middle of the viv and one at the top (63 is perfect) but no more than that...your temps seem fine for a panther, how old is he or she ?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, he's a two year old panther blue bar ambilobe he was a rescue taken in by a local reptile shop and we bought him today.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Hi, he's a two year old panther blue bar ambilobe he was a rescue taken in by a local reptile shop and we bought him today.
your set up seems fine...have you got any live plants in.
you will have to mist the viv 3-4 times a day
have you got all the powders (d3.d3 without. nutrobal)
is it a wood, glass or mesh viv..panthers need a lot of ventilation

a few piccies would be great

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, I have got the powder called nutrobal he is in a wooden viv, he's got a medium size live plant in the viv and I shall get some pics on tomorrow, I have been told to feed him three times a week as adults don't need as much food, well that's what I was told in the shop. Thanks for the info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts