Reptile Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, am in the middle of setting up new viv for my adopted BRB. The viv is approx 5 x 3 x 3 (or thereabouts) and we have lots of hides/branches/greenery to provide security and hiding places. My problem is, what size heat mat should I be looking for, as they ALL seem to be long and thin as opposed to square....ie 47" x 11", or 75" x 11". Does anyone know where I can get a square one??? The only one I can find is a Lucky Reptile Thermo Mat Pro and I get the impression that it's not really suitable for my requirements....

How do you guys manage with big 6ft vivs? Oh, the heatmat won't be the only source of heat BTW - also have fittings etc set up for red bulb or ceramic.

Thanks and huge apologies if this is yet another repeated question. :crazy:

PS please don't flame me for asking, LOL, I have said in another thread that I have taken on a neglected and starving BRB and it's doing well, but it left me without an awful lot of time to do any research and I'm definitely a novice keeper!!!

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
hiya not to sure but i dont think you will need a heat mat if your going to use a heat bulb

not necassarily, some bulbs can't quite do it even if on a stat
I use one for my royal ATM and it's fine, but that's only in a 3 footer, a lot of people on here use mats and bulbs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts