Registered
6,797 Posts
kitchen tiles/bathroom tiles

stuck down with tile grout and sealed with aquarium silicon

N

·
Registered
13,358 Posts
It shouldn't damage a snake with a stat, the only trouble is when youve got sharp clawed lizards digging away in the substrate. The only other thing i know of is to tape it down to stop anything getting under it. but some people put things over it but in my opinion this can reduce efficientcy(spelling) the same as too much substrate over the top

just my views though :wink:

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
i used a piece of roofing slate with the edges smoothed, use a stat and your snake shouldnt get burnt anyway.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
You need something that will not only stop the animal coming into contact with the mat, but something that will prevent any moisture/water/faeces getting to the electrics - the terminal blocks on mats aren't waterproof.

They claim to be "splashproof" but that's not much good if, for instance, a water bowl gets tipped over.

Best thing to use would be either a sheet of laminated hardboard or perspex, that covers the entire viv floor with the mat underneath, and sealed around the edge with silicone.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mark67123 said:
You need something that will not only stop the animal coming into contact with the mat, but something that will prevent any moisture/water/faeces getting to the electrics - the terminal blocks on mats aren't waterproof.

They claim to be "splashproof" but that's not much good if, for instance, a water bowl gets tipped over.

Best thing to use would be either a sheet of laminated hardboard or perspex, that covers the entire viv floor with the mat underneath, and sealed around the edge with silicone.

nice i didnt know about the whole waterproof thing thats intresting and i love the perspex idea cheers for the advice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts