Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i am getting a snake at the weekend, and just setting up the viv, i have a problem, i want to put the heat matt on the back wall ( rather than the bottom) so the heat spreads maore and is less likely to damage the snake, but how do i attatch it to the glass as it has no suckers or anything for it to stick and i dont want to just leave it dangeling freeley, i was thinking of using sticky tape, is this wise? if not any suggestions would be great.

thankyou :D

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
Think most people just use tape... make sure there are no lose bits though that can get stuck on the snake... In fact might be wise to use double sided tape :idea:

It is a good idea to get your viv up and running with the correct temps etc for a few days before introducing your snake!

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Sealant may be a bit safer than tape, but if you use tape, make sure it is secure when heated and there is no way the snake can get stuck to it.

Or get a ceramic heater - far less hassle!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All done i gone over it twice, just on a test run now so fingers crossed it should be okay, will keep u posted :D

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I agree with Deano - a ceramic (or normal lamp) would be far better than having a heat mat on the wall.

A mat on the wall won't heat the air, and it'll only warm the snake when it's actually in front of the mat, which would require some kind of branch/perch and a snake that isn't too shy to sit out in the open.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.