Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 3 foot by 1foot glass tank and want to know the best size heat mat to use please help :blush:
also do you know the best brand to use out of exo terra, komodo, and habistat.
many thanks :2thumb:

·
Registered
121 Posts
In my opinion, habistat is by far the best and exo terra is by far the worst. For electrical equipment, I know exo-terra as exo-terrible.

I've never had a problem with komodo but I prefer habistat.

As for the size of the mat, it depends on what animal(s) you are planning on keeping in the viv. :2thumb:

·
Registered
227 Posts
yeah they are raelly good i must admit. I find some of the lucky reptile range decent quality good price as well..
Komodo equipment is supposed to be damn good quality is it not ? I find the price horrific though

·
Registered
4 Posts
wrong way to economise!

re choice, all these new types of heat-mat are trading on the reputation of the original BRITISH MADE one, I have used Habistat and Ultratherm(original) for many years and still have ancient ones that are as good today after ten years of use, the difference is the way these cheapos are made, they are SCREEN-PRINTED!! HABISTAT heat mats are hand-constructed and subject to british safety standards, almost all of the newcomers are CHINESE, made to a very cheap standard and to give the importers a massive profit,my advice is you get what you pay for, the british mats will last for years and only cost a couple of quid more, no brainer.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Thank You :) im keeping geckos in the tank on the information i have read some say half the size of the tank while others say a third?
Leopard Gecko's I'm guessing? They should be fine on a heatmat taking up half the tank : victory:

·
Registered
4 Posts
gecko heating

re heating for geckos, half coverage is my preference, the beasties can move to whatever part of the temperature gradient they choose,reptiles are much more temperature sensitive than any thermostat.and they never read the books so they please themselves, temperature gradient in the viv means that it is warmer at one end than the other and the gecko can put itself where IT wants to be.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts