Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
could someone help me out my red bearded dragons are not eating much and i have left the same crickets in there from yesturday what they have not eaten i dont no y but i dont no what degrease there enviroment has to be ?????:idea:

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
why dont you know how hot there enviroment should be?
How long have you had him?

if you give as much info as possible about your dragon, his vivarium, temperatures etc im sure we can get it sorted.

Dean

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Hiya Luke,

It might be worth trying the Lizard thread rather than this one. But i have to agree with Dean, Before you get any sort of animal, you should know everything about there requirements as to housing and care.

Right, firstly we need to know what they have as to housing?? what size vivarium & equiptment you have?

Have you checked there temps? what are the basking temps? ambient temp of warm end and cool end?

Are you using a dimming stat? What UV do you have?

·
Registered
307 Posts
How old is your dragon?
How long have you had your dragon?
How long is your dragon?
What is the sex of your dragon?
What size enclosure do you have your dragon in?
What type substrate do you have your dragon on?
Do you use UVB lights?
If so, what kind and how old?
How close can your dragon get to the UVB?
What are the basking temps?
What is the cool side temp?
What do you take the temps with?
Do you use a heat rock or heat pad?
What do you feed your dragon? Please be specific.
How often do you feed?
Do you gutload your feeders?
Do you use vitamin or calcium supplements? What brand(s)?
Is your dragon having regular bowel movements?
Do you bath your dragon? How often?
Do you mist your dragon or offer water other then in the bath?
Does your dragon share an enclosure with another dragon?
Have you gotten a vet check and fecal done?

If you can answer those questions it'll give us a better idea of what's going on.

Regards, Matt.

·
Registered
307 Posts
could someone help me out my red bearded dragons are not eating much and i have left the same crickets in there from yesturday what they have not eaten i dont no y but i dont no what degrease there enviroment has to be ?????:idea:

It's best if you remove the crickets your dragon has not eaten after 10-15 minutes as hungry crickets tend to munch on the dragons and have been known to cause fair dinkum damage. If you find it difficult to remove the crickets try leaving some vegetables or fruit in a dish so they can feed on that instead of the dragon but it is preferable for the dragons safety to remove them as constant cricket company has also been known to stress dragons out.
To address the issue of your dragon not eating, it would be helpful if you could fill out the above questionnaire so I can find out whether it's an environmental issue or physical issue affecting the dragons eating behaviour.

With regard to temperature, during the day the vivarium should have a basking temperature of around 95-110 degrees F, the cool side should be around 80-85 degrees F. Your UVB should be on following our daylight hours (roughly 8 hours in the winter and 12 hours in the summer). At night the "basking" temperature can drop to 75 degrees F with the cool side being around 69 degrees F.

Hope that helps,
Regards, Matt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts