Reptile Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any one know where i can get hold of some heat resitant electric cable??? it's needed urgently, our whole heat system went last week, everything is dead, had to get a complete new ceramic system, now found out even the thermostat is gone too, have everything but the cable, and without it nothing works!!! really need to get this sorted as it's in our monkey tailed skinks viv, and the female gave birth on friday, having to use a 100w light bulb during the day then switch to a red one for nightime. can't find none anywhere. don't want to use normal cable as this is what caused the whole lot to die in the first place. stupid pet shop :2wallbang: told us that the cable was heat resistant :censor:

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
DIY stores Edmundsons elec, CEF and NEWEY & EYRE. There is even a massive cable store in Yate called cleveland cable I can give you a contact if it is close by. You want a 309*y cable in either 1/5 or 2/5. Or even a rubber TQ cable 318*TQ again in 1/5 or 2/5 if its a rubber make sure its got HOFR on it(heat oil and flame retardant). Both operate -25 to +90 deg. If you need any more help send me a PM.

change the * in the code for the number of cores you require.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts