Reptile Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I need a bit of advice? I have 7 vivs in a twin stack system which consist of 3 bigger vivs on the left and 4 smaller ones on the right. The 3 biggers ones run of 100 watt, 100 watt and a 250 watt heat bulbs which are controlled by thermostats. The tanks stay about 87 hot side and 78 cool side. The other 4 run off 60 watt heat bulbs, although the problem is all of them very seldom turn off as the temp stays the same all day. Is there any other way I can heat these vivs? I forgot to say each of these vivs has a under tank heater as well. Its just with all these bulbs running its very heavy on the electric, the only time I turn the bulbs of is at night because the matts are running. Any suggestions would be great! The 3 vivs on the left house 2 young commons and one taiwan, 4 on right house lizards. Thanks!

·
Registered
380 Posts
the only other way i can think of is to put heatstrips along the backs of the viv, they dont use much electric or you can use heat tape. if you turn the radiator in the room full and turn the rest of them in the house down this makes a bit of a difference too.
heve you got normal bulbs for light in the vivs too?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No just standard heat bulbs... i just thought there was an other way of heating them.But i suppose the cost comes with keeping reps :lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts