Reptile Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
Personally I think the AHS heaters are fantastic! Theyre basically a ceramic heater attached to a thermostat all in one package. I dont use them myself but the university use them for their reps and Im pretty impressed with them.
Definately a bargain for someone as theyre pretty pricey new!

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
I've heard they are pretty good but its 500w... that would heat a whole room so i hope you got a big cage for it :D

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
PendleHog said:
They have an in-built thermostat though so they wont cook your snakes if theyre not in a huge viv :lol:
Yeah sorry didn't mean that but buying a 500w heater and having it inside only a 3*2*2 or even 4*2*2 is a little bit of overkill if you know what i mean :wink: I think they are generally for the large iggy or water dragon viv's, possibly even a large snake cage

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I use one exactly the same in a 4x2x2 viv and it's great. Sometimes struggles to get up to temp when it's really cold though. I'd buy it myself if I had £50 spare as they're best part of £90 new

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
cheaper then buying a ceramic, holder, cable and pulse prop thermostat. i may get them from now on!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts