Reptile Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys i know u shouldnt put a heatmat in the tank but with my new viv im having dificulties holding it under the tank so was wondering if there is anyway to put it int he tank but keeping the snake safe can any one help me please

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
id have thought it would be ok on a thermostat.

if not you could put a thin piece of wood over the pad i suppoe depending on what was in it

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its going to be a king snake in the tank but wanted to make sure that i wasnt going to harm her supose i will put a bit of wood over it and stapel it down many thanks guys

·
Registered
292 Posts
hi guys i know u shouldnt put a heatmat in the tank but with my new viv im having dificulties holding it under the tank so was wondering if there is anyway to put it int he tank but keeping the snake safe can any one help me please
mat in viv put ceramic tile over seal in with sealant prevents water getting on mat
:2thumb:

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
mine are in the vivs, on thermostats and never had any problems..each to their own!

I've used the same method for over 14 years with no problems, have only just switched to ceramic's.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just done it there got a peice of wood over it screwed it down and sealed it with silicone will get pics of the full setup once i have it light up

·
Premium Member
16,486 Posts
I put mine inside with a piece of slate over the top and on a stat - done it for yrs - no probs

·
Registered
347 Posts
I keep mine inside with a thin tile over the top then i put the substrate over the tile and ive had no problems

1 - 9 of 9 Posts