Reptile Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my brother to the snake shop and *accidently* made him buy a baby snake!
He chose a cute lil grey ratsnake/cornsnake cross! she's only about a month old! she's soooo teeny! reeeally reaaally teeny!
My brother's decorating his house at the mo, so I get to look after her for a week or two! heehee a baby!! she's a fiesty bugger too! escape artist extraodinair! the guy in the shop went to put her in the travel box and ooooh she didnt want to stay in!
I got to make a cute basic starter kit too to make it cheaper for my bro! I got a 9 litre really useful box and put airholes in......then used some leftover substrate....a glass rammikin for a water bowl, 2 toilet roll centres for hides and 2 scrunched up pieces of kitchen roll for fun! she likes climbing! lots! hehe i call it her *upstairs* when he climbs to the lip of the box!

.....oooh and she's called slinky!yay!! im an aunty again!!! :jump:

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
nice one,pics?

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
lol good one.. my misses is trying to accidently get me to get another kittne accidently

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i'll try get some for tomorrow! she's beautiful! the guy in the shop said her colouring will change drastically as she gets older! she's pretty big too for her age! about same length as mr happy, only thinner than he is.
woah the glass rammekin is cool as a water bowl! actually get to see her mouth opening to drink!
heehee we took my 7 year old nephew with us.....he loves snakes, and he was telling the guy how he wants an amelanistic cornsnake! well cute!
what an ace snakey day!
heehee i'll get pics of both my baby and my new niece....(i love my baby more than any snakey in the world ever!) but shhhhh dont tell!

hehe i'm such a geek!

·
Premium Member
23,539 Posts
Sound so happy Lol. Doubt you'd wana let your bro have the snake when the time comes for him to pick the lil one up!

my snow keeps staying up on the lid of the plastic tank. it can stay up there so long as it doesn't escape Lol

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hehe i know what you mean! admittedly...i've gaffa taped the lid on AND put 2 of my toning weights on the lid! hahaha!
and as for when my bro comes to pick her up............we'll just not talk about that :( hehe i know i'll miss her...just trying not to get too attatched at the mo! spent lotsa time with my baby...and to be honest....he's far cuter than her anyways! heehee!
getting a royal in 2 months! yay! well giddy!
eep, i get all excitable! the guy in the shop knows me know cos i spend so much time in there! I go red and blotchy when i get giddy which makes him giggle! *eeeeeeh look at all the purdy babies*....etc :D

·
Premium Member
23,539 Posts
I went to that Cold Blooded today, nearly shot my load! alot of niiiiiiice reps in there!Lol.

Why not keep the one you got too? :D

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HAHAHAHA!! best phrasing ever! I dont get quite that excited! hahaha!
nah i cant keep this baby! it's nice to see my family taking such an interest...heehee! my mum was talking to the guy about getting a tortoise (ive got to buy her it though!!!) nd my little sis wants to get a beardie, but wants to keep it in my room (no complaints on my behalf :D) and i'm getting my nephew and neice and amel corn to share after xmas......and my royal in 2 months...........its going to be a reet rep family!! cant wait!!

cor, the guy showed me a rainbow boa thatd just hatched yesterday....he's keeping it for himself though.

he wont let me buy a common boa though! fairy nuff though....i am only 5ft3 and not exactly massive! haha!

·
Premium Member
23,539 Posts
I don't have a name for my snakes. Lol.

My sister wants a turtle or terrapin that she calls a clown turtle, apparently it's at the aquarium around the corner to me, she gets the money and reads up i'll help her buy it lol. Otherwise she can bugger off!

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hehe thats ace!
eeeh eck he called her slinky because the girl he's madly in love with has a cat called minky.....ruddy soppy crap! cool name though! hehe!

mmmmm i got to drool over an albino retic baby today too! cor! if only i werent so teeny! hehe i should stop putting toning weights on vivs and maybe use them for their intended purpose.....heehee!

mmm they had some blue beauty's in too......mmmm..... ya know mr happy's markings near his eyes look similar to a lue beauty...hehe looks like theyre wearing spooky eyeliner! ooh diones ratsnakes are quite teeny in comparison to other species.....i love him!
erm i think i might be sleepy...im rambling.....i have work tomorrow......erm....yay snakes!

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:oops: sowwy! .......cant help it....i think i might just pop! heehee i have to bootifa babies apeeps in my room right now! eeeeeeh! dear lord....what am i going to be like when i get me royal?!?
some one said to me that I shouldnt get more snakes because i'd forget about mr happy...NO WAY!! if anything, looking after this one's just made me more excited!
argh...i really hould go to peeps!

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Lol, you should get more Ratsnakes! Beauties are gorgeous...I have some blues *pokes out tongue* :p :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
aye i was looking at thai red mountain ratsnakes today.....cor.....corcorcor!! i'd really like a taiwan beauty........reckon a blue beauty's on the list though!

hehe, part of my bedroom, there's like a ...i dont know the word! my wall basically dents in for half the wall.....so my borther and i were plnning some nice shelving units :wink:

by the by........what would happen if i were to breed mr happy (diones ratsnake) with slinky (grey ratsnake cross corn)? i dont want to cause any problems if thats what the outcome would be! but i definately want to breed him just once out of interest! but i'd be more than willing to get another diones if need be :D

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Mmmmm....Now I would have a pair of those if I had the money! The Mountian Rats that is....All the Beauty snakes are great, I had 4 Tai's at one point, all fantastic :D Im loving having the blues though....If i had the room Id have more!

I think the word you are looking for - the dent in the wall - is an alcove :lol: We dont have any of those in our house which kinda sucks because they are the perfect place for vivs or racks!

Re: the breeding, if they bred you would just get a hybrid diones x grey x corn, so long as you advertise the babies as that there wouldnt be a problem :lol: :lol: I think anyway .....:lol:

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
heehee we were going to sell them back to the shop for super cheap anyways. she was only £25 because of her being a hybrid (did i use the right clever word?)

yus alcove was the word i was looking for! deary me, it must be time for bed! all these words are confusing me! however....i just realised im watching an arnie film..........

1 - 17 of 17 Posts