Reptile Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a new camera the other day and hav been taking pics of some of my babies so thought I would share em all with you (also thoughts on what my little Boas could be - were sold as Red-Tail/Commons but I'm not 100% convinced!) - Some of the pics arn't that great but i'm just getting used to the camera - these are the best out of about 130 odd pics :oops:

First my new little man (no name yet - any ideas?!) I got him from Gaz :D

Next my Blokes Boa Mandy - for some reason shes suddenly got very dark - is this normal??

Then my Boa Casper - isn't she GORGEOUS :D

Ok overkill on my Boa but hey I think shes THE most sexy one in the world :p

This is Charlie my Blokes Cali King

Ok think thats enough for one post, and lookin at my other pics when they're bigger they blur, ah well more practice tonight i guess!
Hope you like, got my Beardies & Crestie in the Lizard Pics section :D

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Can never get enough of Boa's mate. Lovely collection there :) And by the look of them, the red tails defernetly look like red tails :p But i dont really no much about them.

Oh and the darkness you said xP Im not intirely sure, but i know lizards go darker to absorb heat, So maybe snakes do this, Im not 100% sure :)

·
Registered
9,815 Posts
B.c.i

·
Registered
475 Posts
If hes' a red-tail call him Rudolph :lol:

Gorge snakes. Tad jelly-arse :lol:

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Your Boa could have also gone darker because it is getting ready to shed... You got some nice looking snakes there, great piccys.
Steve

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so its not likely to be stress or anything? I've never seen anything like it before lol, she was only a tiny bit darker than casper a few days ago, now shes really dark, can't really see it that well in the pics tho...

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My new guys (the first 2 pics) a salmon sib poss het albino, so hes quite pinky, i wanted a name that reflects that but isn't too girlie bless him lol - don't want much!

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
You have nothing to worry about Cara :) Aslong as its eating fine, It will most probably not be due to stress. Make sure there are plenty of hides, which im sure there are.

Just check when he/she last had a shed, and count the days up. Also, check temperture. Nothing to worry though.

And to finish the essay of with, I want Boas :(:p

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all your comments, she refused a feed last night but she fed 5 days ago so not too worried and could be coming up to shed, got 3 hides but its a 3x2x2 viv so may throw in a couple more just 2 be on the safe side :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts