Reptile Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many years after I last had a whiptail lizard and some newts, I'm finally reentering the hobby with a lovely little house gecko. Other than him, I'm mainly keeping various mantises, stick insects and moths at the moment, but would love to keep another species or two of small reptiles and amphibians. Looking forward to chat with everyone :)

·
Registered
12,889 Posts
Welcome .. . .

Sounds like it’s time to get yourself a gateway snake !!

Come on you know you want a lovely Corn snake ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome .. . .

Sounds like it’s time to get yourself a gateway snake !!

Come on you know you want a lovely Corn snake ..
I've thought about a corn snake of course! At the moment I'm looking for maybe another tiny gecko species, I might get the gateway snake in a while. At the moment, I already get to look at corn snakes from time to time since some colleagues have a pair as office pets.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I want to get a gargoyle gecko one day, but I keep buying crested geckos instead, they are definitely my favourite. We have royal pythons too but they are more my husbands fav.

What about a Crestie?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I want to get a gargoyle gecko one day, but I keep buying crested geckos instead, they are definitely my favourite. We have royal pythons too but they are more my husbands fav.

What about a Crestie?
My boss actually has a crestie and I take care of her during holidays sometimes. For myself I was thinking maybe mourning geckos and after that some day geckos (gold dust or klemmeri?).

·
Registered
332 Posts
I've thought about mourning geckos, but I decided not too as they are parthenogenic and I don't know what I'd do with the babies!

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
My boss actually has a crestie and I take care of her during holidays sometimes. For myself I was thinking maybe mourning geckos and after that some day geckos (gold dust or klemmeri?).
Mournings are lovely and quite cute, keep in mind they like to lay eggs for fun!
We also have had gold dust and Klemmeri and they’re beautiful! We now have Williamsi which are stunning too and finally getting him a female this weekend
I’m sure you know they’re more to watch, not to handle, although all of ours have been rather tame and will jump on you if doing something in the vivs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mournings are lovely and quite cute, keep in mind they like to lay eggs for fun!
We also have had gold dust and Klemmeri and they’re beautiful! We now have Williamsi which are stunning too and finally getting him a female this weekend
I’m sure you know they’re more to watch, not to handle, although all of ours have been rather tame and will jump on you if doing something in the vivs.
Yeah, I'd definitely plan for eggs in advance and I know most of these small geckos are less for cuddling and more for observing or maybe offering some food by hand :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts