Reptile Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all, well hopefully today i am getting my 2 western hognose girls.
whilst my b.i.l. and partner go to collect for me i will be getting housing ready, now i am wondering can they both be kept together or do they need to be seperate??
i would really like them to be together but if they cant be, then i will get 2 tubs instead of the one.
all/any advice greatly appreciated, thanks in advance, rach xx

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
erm well i wouldnt have a clue i search for a caresheet and this is what it says...Solitary except during breeding season (March through to April in the wild). But I find they house together with little problems, unless food is present, those rear fangs can damage

[edit] sorry i put would have a clue instead of wouldnt best to get other peoples veiws aswell :lol:

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers weelad.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I'd always house snakes separately, especially when you first get them. You can monitor them better and don't have to separate for feeding, etc.
If it's just a case of setting up a second tub then I'd say definitely keep them separate, at least until they've settled and you know that they're both feeding ok.

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Yeah I'd house them seperately too.. there's really no need to house most snakes together. In my eyes if you cant accomodate 2 snakes don't get 2. The only ones I keep together are my garters as theyre colony snakes anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts