Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello as the title says im new.

Im Danny from manchester, im picking up a bearded dragon on friday cant wait, trying get as much info as i can and get as much planned and set up in advance.

I used to own garter snakes and bred them very succesfully, i also had a berber skink but that sadly died.

Any help and advice is more than welcome

·
Registered
17,120 Posts
Hellloooo Danny! :jump:

Im sure you will find all the help you need on here! I have 3 beautiful Beardies myself, There is never a dull moment!

Welcome to the forum!

xx

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Welcome, Danny :welcome: This is a really nice forum, the people are friendly and very helpful. I love beardies - a BD was my first reptile.

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
welcome to the forum.:) ok so what have u got ready so far?? have u read any care sheets? if u tell us what u have already set up we will let u know if u have missed anything.:)

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Hi Danny, Welcome to the best forum! I own 6 Beardies and i also breed Beardies too! There fantastic to keep and i think they make an excellent first lizard.

You say your collecting your Beardie on friday, do you have the setup ready? and working? As your need to make sure your temps are spot on and also that all your equipment is working fine.

How much do you know about Beardies? what do you want to know?

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Hi Danny, welcome to the forum. You will love your beardie - I've only had mine for a couple of months and they are soooo much fun. As long as youv'e got the basics right, like the viv, temps and food - you'll learn as you go along. I am!!!!

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Guys,

Im buying it from a woman that breeds from home and also supplies petshops - funny thing is its just her hobby too.

She is having the tank built for me, so im not too sure on the light fittings etc, im picking it tomorrow and getting it set up. She is also including substrate, water bowl, door lock, calcium powder, first batch of crickets and thermometers.

So far iv bought a small feeding bowl and some branches (not too sure on them though)

Iv bought some artificial plants - does anyone else use these in there set up or is this a bad idea? im scared he might try have a nibble:sick:

Iv read endless amounts of care sheets - one thing iv not come across is white cabbage? can berdies have this?

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well worked myself up all week exited about getting my beardie tonight, should have had the tank set up ready and waiting but theres been a problem with the glass or something?

I should be picking it up tomorrow and getting it set up once temp has reached il be back for my lizard.

Prepared all week, bought loads of stuff.

Roll on tomorrow:bash:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts