Reptile Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over thr last few days....

...(she is normally a little so and so, fiestey, will attack etc etc, a little bit of a b*tch.she would leg it, if you held her, and EAT me out of house and home..)

but over the last few days she hasnt been like that , she has been tooo quite. too still, and hasnt been eating much,
she stil lhas a lovely plump tail, but... just isnt right.

her last night
What do you think?

EDIT - her eyes dont seem really open etc etc..

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Possibly just a moody gecko! They seem like great/friendly pets but still go through 'moodies'! lol might be due a shed???

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
na not due to shed... she is just as moody in shed.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Might be because it coming into winter? Maybe she is quieting down due to some internal clock or something telling her to calm down? I dont know really, just a thought

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Might be because it coming into winter? Maybe she is quieting down due to some internal clock or something telling her to calm down? I dont know really, just a thought
maybe... lets see hwat other people think, wasnt sure if leos went through that.

·
Registered
32 Posts
could be many things
- this time of year their eatting is usually less
- you could be handling her too much
- much sure heating is correct
- could be stressed for some reason
- just the way she is

·
Registered
851 Posts
hmm im not too sure, well you can brumate them so maybe it is relevent, but yeh lets wait for some more replies

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
- this time of year their eatting is usually less kk
- you could be handling her too much i only handle her the same as the others
- much sure heating is correct yup and the others are fine
- could be stressed for some reason yea maybe
- just the way she is not normal for her though

·
Registered
32 Posts
- this time of year their eatting is usually less kk
- you could be handling her too much i only handle her the same as the others
- much sure heating is correct yup and the others are fine
- could be stressed for some reason yea maybe
- just the way she is not normal for her though
Doesn't matter you handle the rest the same, each gecko is different. If you handle them too much, they can become stressed or she could have just gotten used to you and have settled down.

If you have changed something, that could be a reason.

Most breeders I've talked to and with my own geckos, I double the days when I feed. So if you feed every 2 days, try 4 days, etc... this is all because of the cold; winter time.

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Doesn't matter you handle the rest the same, each gecko is different. If you handle them too much, they can become stressed or she could have just gotten used to you and have settled down.

If you have changed something, that could be a reason.

Most breeders I've talked to and with my own geckos, I double the days when I feed. So if you feed every 2 days, try 4 days, etc... this is all because of the cold; winter time.

i handle her i guess once a week. and feed every day... coudl she be slowng down, the others arent... maybe she just the odd one out.

·
Registered
32 Posts
once a week is ok, I thought you were handling everyday. Try feeding her every 2 days. If she isn't eating much of them, try adding 1-2 mealworms per week in order to keep the weight on her.

She could be just different, I have 1 leopard who is all over the place and seen others who are calm.

Most likely the cold could just be the cause.

I believe you can run your finger on her belly and check for abnormal like parasites. Other people should be more helpful on checking for things like that.

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
KK.. WELL ILL SEE HOW IT GOES.

EDIT sorry about caps lock
once a week is ok, I thought you were handling everyday. Try feeding her every 2 days. If she isn't eating much of them, try adding 1-2 mealworms per week in order to keep the weight on her.

She could be just different, I have 1 leopard who is all over the place and seen others who are calm.

Most likely the cold could just be the cause.

I believe you can run your finger on her belly and check for abnormal like parasites. Other people should be more helpful on checking for things like that.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I really doubt its the handling, its probably just the time of year. My leo has defo slowed down and is a lot less active now. They can sense it in the air even if the temps dont go down

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I really doubt its the handling, its probably just the time of year. My leo has defo slowed down and is a lot less active now. They can sense it in the air even if the temps dont go down

kk thank you, was just worried, and the others are normally slow, and she is fast.. now she is slower than the others!!!!!!!

any news on thr baby crestie front.?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts