Reptile Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys n Gals.

Thanks again for all your help last night. I think we did all we could for her, but it's still so sad.

Thing is, we need to think about Buzz, our other BD who was in with our little girl. He has a vet appointment tomorrow and we're gonna take a faecal sample. We're trying to disninfect/deep clean the viv but we're having trouble with the log. It is ssooo big. We've soaked it with Cascade and scrubbed it with a brush but have heard some of you on here mentioning bleach, and also putting it in the oven(?) Don't think ours would fit in the oven tho. If any one has any tips for deep cleaning of logs and the viv actually, please let us know.

Thanks again,

Cand & Alex xx

This is our baby girl, Woody, be peaceful little Bubba

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
I no alot of people put theres in the freezer...another good trick is to boil a kettle and tip the scolding water over it...i use this method and it neva fails...as for bleach...I hav heard people mention this too...and as long as it was thoroughly watered down and then well rinsed i cant see there being a problem xx

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Babe, I'll try the hot water I think. We're gonna replace it but that'll have to wait til Tuesday unfortunately. Bless him, don't wanna take away everythin he knows all at once, he just lost his little playmate. :(

·
Premium Member
9,386 Posts
I spray mine with Bea disinfectant (Reptile stuff) and leave to soak, then wash off well with boiling water and put in airing cupboard to dry.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
people do use bleach, but you're ment to use only an exact amount depending on the size of the thing you're cleaning, so i'm don't use it incase i get something wrong and poison my beardie :?

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
ermm i swear somone said in anouther thread that freezing will make it worse ermm dont take my word on it just thought id say

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
Ive used baby milton steriliser on my reptile things in the past. soaked for 30 -60 minutes then given things a good rinse.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys. Cascaded them all, and then rinsed them off with boiling water. Will see what the vet says 2moz. He's gonna have an MoT and they may do a post mortem on our girlie. Fingers crossed he's OK. He seems fine, just sulkin at the mo - think he's a bit lonely. :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts