Reptile Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my two female beardies for about a year now. I brought them together from a reptile shop. They had been returned by their previous owner as his wife had become pregnant and they could no longer care for them. They've been housed together since they were babies and are now 3 years old. They've always gotten along fabulously.

In the last week they've both become quite aggressive to each other with alot of head - bobbing and pouncing on each other so that they can give each other a good licking. Today the one who is usually submissive bit her sister and I had to literally pry her teeth off her sisters cheek. Luckily she'd only caught a little bit of skin and didn't even break the skin. It's like they're taking it in turns to be dominant for a day! I don't really want to have to separate them but I don't want them to really hurt each other. They've never acted like this before and I'm a bit stumped really. Is it the time of year or something? Any advice would be very welcome. Thanx!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I've had a good look just in case and I'm pretty sure they are both girlies. Also they were sexed by my mate at the reptile shop and she breeds them so I'd hope she'd know....:lol2:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.