Reptile Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very confused and distressed about my black ratsnake(elaphe obsoleta) eggs! The female laid them around 2 weeks ago, and slowly they are all starting to be covered in reddish dark blotches all over them! They used to be all nice and even cream/white in color when fresh. I am not a professional breeder and I truly need advice! This clutch was not expected and I try to do my best. Maybe I am doing something wrong? The temperature is 26 celsius and the humidity is around 65% right now. I have opened the box for several minutes today to take the photos so that might have lowered the original humidity level whatever it was. Also, I did not turn the eggs when I lifted them to the incubator. Thank you for fast advice!!

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AgIhO5zNCCHuoFecNRbl5dR_LIVe

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTW if the separate images don't show, the link in my post to Onedrive has 4 photos of the eggs. Press "open in new window" if the link doesn't open by clicking, it helped me atleast.

·
Super Moderator
9,700 Posts
They look kind of like the eggs are thinning, maybe too much humidty? They don't exactly look like they are going bad just that the pinkness of the embryos is showing through if you understand what I mean. I don't know anything about incubating these types of snake eggs so hopefully someone else will be able to help you better soon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts