Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can sombody help asap please ive got 27 bearded dragon egg in a incubator and power just gone off any ideas please quick befor i lose the lot

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Run down to a local pharmacy/Tescos and see if they have any body warming pads. I think theyre usually in the sporting sort of section (with Deep Heat and joint support stuff). You just knead them for a bit and they heat up nicely and stay hot for several hours. I cant think of anything else off the top of my head.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
there is nothing you can do long term but like Johelian said you can get pads to keep them warm for a few hours

i hope it comes back on very soon for you x

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
get as many towel etc etc, and put it on top, thsi should let no air out of the box.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
2 litre bottles filled with hot water and put around the outside of the incubator. hot water bottles work too.: victory:

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
the poly box should hold the heat best if not opened surely? id have thought it could mainatin for a couple hours but maybe not... Good luck.
Heat the air around the bator/the room with what you can, can you get hot water without elecy?

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
as above

is there a friend nearby???

offer a neighbour or someone £10 or £20 to keep them while leccy gets sorted

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
Keep the box closed and put a towel over it. If you're likely to be without power for more than a few hours, get some heat packs / a hot water bottle and put them outside the box. This will reduce the thermal gradient and slow down the heat loss. It's important not to open the box though. Damp vermiculite / perlite holds a lot of heat, so the eggs will be fine for a few hours.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts