Reptile Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a cwd who is around 1 year and 4 months old he has always been crazy and jumps/ does acrobatics around his viv quite often ***128514; I recently noticed he was shaking his tail and looked like he was struggling to climb almost as if it was hurting him so I took him to a vet, I explained the problem to her just as I have here and before she even looked at him she said oh he's calcium deficient which I was confused about because although he's never eaten as much as a cwd should I have always tried to make sure he gets his calcium and vitamins weather it be sprinkling a bit into his water or offering him afew wax worms covered in it ***128580; but I took what she said dashund I was worried about him and wanted him to get better so I got her to take an xray. She took one and I have a copy of it (which I will attatch) it came back that he has dislocated his back right leg and she said his bones are extremley thin, she prescribed me some Meds for him and some extra vitamins told me to take everything out of his viv so he can't fall, I spoke to several other people about it and a lot of people have told me that the vet I went to has a bit of a reputation for wrongly diagnosing reptiles and they think she might be wrong as he seems perfectly okay other than his tail shaking and obviously his dislocated leg and I really don't know what to do as I can't really afford to get a second, third opinion as I have already forked out for a couple of xrays some Meds and vitamins ***128547;***128547;surley the reason he is shaking his tail/ back end is because his leg is causing him pain? Not because he is deficient and he has weak bones ? Also how do I care for a dislocated leg as she seems to think it can't be put back in but other people say it can be put back I'm so confused and have been so stressed out please can someone help me out ?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance ***128522;***128522;

1 - 1 of 1 Posts