Reptile Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find it very hard to identify my snails. I really hope they're not fulica as they are not allowed in Norway. The one hope I have is that one of my snails died because to my old apartement got too cold. Aren't fulica supposed to tolerate cold to some extent?

I've had my snails for 3yrs now and I'm quite attached to them, and I would not like to euthanise them. Any advice?

Two pictures of Slug on deviantart: Slug by tussne on DeviantArt
Untitled by tussne on DeviantArt

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
Having done a very quick Google search, Norway does not restrict the keeping of invertebrates.
You have big snails.
I cannot find any reference that states a specific species of snail cannot be kept, or any species for that matter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Having done a very quick Google search, Norway does not restrict the keeping of invertebrates.
You have big snails.
I cannot find any reference that states a specific species of snail cannot be kept, or any species for that matter.
They are restricted. Translation: The Directorate of Nature decided the 7th of October 2012 that the import, keeping and breeding of Achatina fulica is prohibited.
Norwegian link: https://www.stortinget.no/no/Saker-...porsmal-og-svar/Skriftlig-sporsmal/?qid=28485

1 - 4 of 4 Posts