Reptile Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
one of my yellow sided plated lizards have escaped. it got out saturday morning, and i am now really worried because althought there are afew crickets loose in the house/room he hasnt got much food/water. i was wondering if there are any techniques that you guys would use to find it, and hiding places, and how long can he survive. i have already taken the whole upstairs apart with no luck, could he have gone downstairs? i have put out ssevral food and water bowls so he can get some if he sees it but im really worried please help

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
make sure there are a few food and water bowls about so he can eat and increase his time he can survive out of his cage, put some hides a bout because hes probably found his own hide that hes in now, and keep searching make sure any dangerous things on the floor/wall etc are out of the way. I hope you find him :wink:

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
have u got a spot light?? he will be needing heated up soon(unless hes somewhere warm already.i would set up a basking spot in your house a lamp fitted with a spotlight works great.put it to where u think he may of gone.or put it somewhere u think he will see it.fingers crossed for u.hope u find him soon. :?

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
i lost my beardy once and found him (after a few hours) under my bed in the far right corner. check under your bed...furniture just be careful how u lift stuff up . :? good luck xxx

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
yes make sure hes warm, and yes like weeminx said be really careful how you lift stuff up!

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
best tell him that again because he squashed his gecko the other day :lol:

·
Registered
632 Posts
set up a basking spot for him with a bowl of wax worms/ mealies and sit and wait... also shut all the doors in the house and put plastic bags in various places you'l hear him at night when he moves!! this works well with my snakes!! :lol:

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tahnks for the tips, should i use a ceramic, or a visable light?

Blazey said:
best tell him that again because he squashed his gecko the other day :lol:
why are you laughing at others misfortune, and the death of a sadly missed animal, i cried for 2 hours after that happend, and i am still depressed, and upset about it now. so i would appriciate it if you didnt post in any of my topics.

**posted edited**

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
maybe u need to learn to take a joke. and its more clumsiness than misfortune :p

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
can can take a joke, but i dont think that is a joking matter, and it is still a raw nerve, clumbsy ness is why i have cleaned out the tank for the last 7 months, twice a wekk without event, it was an accident, and bad luck that i the rock slipped, and the gecko was in that place at that time.
for the record, i have never dropped the rock before, and no animal has been injered by my alledged clumbsyness before.

a 1 time mistake. i have edited that post because i think i did go a bit too far, for that i appologise, but my statement stands, just a little less aggressivly.

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
u squashed a gheko and now uve lost a lizard? and can i ask why u clean out the viv with the lizard in it??? i would say u are clumsy. :? :? hope u find that poor lizard soon. :(

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
its ironic that u should kill one pet and lose another in such little amount of time.

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
totally agree with u there blaz. :roll: first time can be clased as a mistake (maybe) but to loose another now thats just clumsiness.cant afford to be clumsy with reps.some people shouldnt have em.he should be looking for his lizard no typing on ere anyway. :wink:

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
yeh he's on here 24hr pretty much, its not gonna just walk up to u and tap u on shoulder to let u know it wants to come home.

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
lets hope the lizard comes up behind him with a rock in his hand and squishes him while he sits and types about his crap reptile keeping. :wink:

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
lol, i think more than anything its silly to announce u squashed ur gecko and lost ur lizard when ur trying to buy other reps for breeding projects. who do u think is going to sell u their healthy pets if all u do is squash and lose them?!

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
for your info, i am always logged in, and am looking, and nipping back for advice.
my younger brother opend the cage to see them, and left it open, yes my fault, no im not clumsy, and before you say it i have now ordered some locks, and banned said brother from my room. after looking 'everywhere' i thought i would ask for some advice and as for the comment

"some people shouldn't have reptiles"

i agree, but i am not one of them, my reps get cleanned out twice a week fresh food and water every day, to date i have had a total of 3 escapes (1 'my' fault (all my fault by one caused by me personally)). now beacuse of the comments, i have put out lamps, and sevral more food and water bowls, with a hide next to each.

i accept i am not perfect, and this has been a particularly bad wknd, but hands up who has never made a mistake, atleast i've got the balls to admit it and ask for help, rather than (critisising) others.

**spelling corrected**

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.