Reptile Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I am very enthusiastic about reptiles and am just about to complete my GCSEs:2thumb:. I'm am hoping to find a part time job in a reptile shop for the summer and then maybe a Saturday job when I start my a levels. I am 15 and live in cookham in Berkshire (near maidenhead).

Does anybody know of anywhere near by or easy to get to where I could ask?

Also, I have never applied for a job and haven't got the first idea what to do, does anyone have any advice they could give me? it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jac

·
Registered
180 Posts
Best thing to do is just get yourself out there, get a nice looking CV made up, and get it handed out at your local shops. Trouble is with only being 15 is that most places won't give you a job untill your 16.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Go through the yellow pages and call every reptile shop etc.......

We have been doing that with our 15yr old daughter. The trouble we are finding, is that due to the scorpions and poisonous/dangerous reptiles, most shops wont employ youngsters as their insurances wont cover it.

U cud always offer to help out after school 'free of charge' for a couple of weeks (with the view to them offering u a job after a set period), so they see what ur like with the reptiles and customers etc

Good luck, and most importantly........dont give up!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Good luck mate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts