Reptile Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, so I recently go this second hand 45x45x45 terrarium from a friend - I'm going to be housing 2 whites tree frogs in there and they will arrive on Friday. The compact 45cm hood came with it and I was told it was all working. I bought just a cheap 40W ES bulb to test it out but when turning it on it doesn't light up!? Is this because it only works with specific Exo-Terra bulbs? I'm really worried that the hood is suddenly not working and my lil frog buddies will have no light/UV!! I've ordered an Exo-Bulb but it won't arrive for another week. Can anyone confirm that this compact hood only works with Exo-Terra bulbs!?

·
Registered
7,520 Posts
It will work with any standard ES screw fitting bulb. Did you try both bulb holders? A different bulb? I'd check the fuse in the plug next.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will work with any

standard screw fitting bulb. Did you try both bulb holders? I'd check the fuse in the plug next.

YOU, SIR. ARE A GENIUS!!!!! I took apart the plug and replaced the fuse with another and it works!!!! THANKYOU SO MUCH YOU SAINT I THOUGHT I WOULD HAVE TO BUY ANOTHER ONE!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts