Reptile Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i have just found 2 leopard gecko eggs in the water dish and i have just knocked them slightly although no damage has appeared. i have just put them in a cheap incubator (home-made) and i am hoping to buy a proper one online tonight, do you think they will survive for a couple of days at 81 degrees f? in a crap incubator? thanks jack.

·
5,234 Posts
Well this is two fold - When laid in the water, they CAN be still viable but it depends how long they were in there for... What do they look like? Are they large and "puffy"? A pick would help here.

As for 81C yep thats fine for females... nothing to worry about.

Be careful whn moving them over though!

·
Registered
573 Posts
never ever ever turn them over that automatically kills them, also ask i think it was melanie though im not sure..she posted about 4 weeks ago about her eggs that laid after being in water dish for a while

·
Registered
889 Posts
As for the incubator, I'm no expert but we had rankins hatch out after being incubated in a polystyrene box with heatmat and thermostat. There's leopard gecko eggs in there now. I'm sure it works fine for most people.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pics

Here are sum pics of the incubator!!! does it look ok? temps are 81 and humidity is 90 as it is a water incubator!!! thanks jack

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bump :whistling2:

·
Registered
889 Posts
looks fairly similar to ours. We have a heat mat which goes right to the edges of the poly box and a smaller plastic tub inside with damp vermiculite. This is sitting on 4 shot glasses to keep it from direct contact with the heat mat (might not be totally necessary, but it worked last time and it's keeping the air flowing under the tub so as to not be roasting the eggs!) The probe for the thermostat is inside the tub with the eggs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts