Reptile Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Albino female has not been hunting or eating properly now for 2 weeks, I have been feeding her bug guts mixed in with critical care formula. I noticed her loosing weight and being off her food about 4 weeks ago, I then moved her into a small viv by herself as I thought she might of been bullied by my other female but she continued to not eat. She has probably lost around 6g in total but has been 34g constant for the last week, she was only 40g anyway. Her tail is still pretty fat but she has lost weight from her legs and body. She has afew small white lumps on her body, mainly on her belly that are visible through the skin. She also had a slight swelling on her jaw which we have been treating with antibiotics.
Does anyone have any ideas what it could be? She has been wormed etc. and has had a week of baytril antibiotic. but still does not appear to of done alot. I have tried loads of different prey choices and tried changing the temperature etc. I'm really running out of ideas.
Any help would be gratefull.
Cheers, Sally

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
are they tiny little white spots liek under the skin....

liek spots on this gecko (my gecko)

or in the belly area?

·
Registered
765 Posts
sounds like she needs a trip to the rep vet asap. Basically if you run out of simple solutions and she's loosing condition that's your only option.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
yep vets! I'd agree with that. any pics of the little one?? showing the white 'spots'

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
are they tiny little white spots liek under the skin....

liek spots on this gecko (my gecko)

or in the belly area?

just to say if its anything like this, go to the vets ASAP, trust me, i lost my two little ones with in hours... awful. trust me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts