Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have you just bought an albino male african pygmy hedgehog from Edinburgh?

He may be a hoglet bred by me and I just want to know where he is - his owner is poss selling or has sold him but I am getting no reply :(

I dont want to take him away or anything - just need to know he ended up in a good home - please PM me and I will give you the ad details/username and hog name plus the full story behind this plea - dont want to post here to avoid a row

thanks

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Do you know what websites etc he was advertised on?

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you know what websites etc he was advertised on?
I do - I have all the links etc to the adverts, I just dont want to post on public forum as it may cause a row. He was advertised here on rfuk and gumtree and another place I cannot recall. If you want more details I can pm the links xx

thank you for your support xx

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Iv seen him advertised on the likes of Gumtree etc. Would it not be best to post a wanted ad etc on where you know he has been advertised. Or replying to the ads he was on too? Obviously someone has bought him.. and I dont see why the new owner would not be willing to admit where he is and what home he has gone to?

·
Banned
9,422 Posts
what happened? did somebody take one of your hodgehegs? :(

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
no its not that - he was bred by me and went to a friend who had to return him as she had some problems and couldnt look after him. I kept him for a while before finally finding him a new home.

The new owner kept in touch for a while then vanished - I then saw the thread saying he was for sale - the person then responded that they had not posted it and hes not for sale - but we found the same ad on gumtree and another site

I and others tried contacting them through all three places with no response whatsoever and I offered to purchase him back. I always make sure the new owner of one of my hoglets has all the advice available and correct info. I have seen first hand the way some hoggies end up :(

I am concerned as to where he ended up (esp with the trouble with the owner) and am just trying to make sure he ended up in a happy place. He is extra special as he was from my first litter of hoglets :(

·
Banned
9,422 Posts
it's not fair that people pass these animals about like trading cards or something.
good luck finding them, sorry i can't help :(

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Have you tried phoning the telephone numbers on the Ads. Or even contacting Gumtree to ask for contact details of the person who placed the ad. They are pretty good at helping people- particularly when the ad supposedly ''wasnt placed'' by the owner in the first place- and I am sure they would try and help? I hope you find him...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.