Reptile Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi ive got a 2 foot viv and i have basking light that is on the one side but the temouture is on both sides why is this or could you you help me

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok i will explain it all again:

i got a 2 foot viv for my baby royal he's about 6 months about 11 inches and the viv i got was a early chrismas present so i dont know wat wattage the bulb was but i have, but whatever the hot end temp is the cold end is the same (so what temp do you think i should leave it on)

·
Registered
4,536 Posts

i got a 2 foot viv for my baby royal he's about 6 months about 11 inches and the viv i got was a early chrismas present so i dont know wat wattage the bulb was but i have, but whatever the hot end temp is the cold end is the same (so what temp do you think i should leave it on)
try a 40w bulb and put a couple of more vents in to get a bit of air moving, it might help

·
Registered
6,576 Posts

you didnt say what it was for at the start....and i didnt see your other post you mentioned

a 2' viv will drop heat off much less than a 4' viv, cos everywhere will be closer to the heatsource AND also cos heat will bounce back a little

you can use a 40w bulb, that will drop heat at the far side, i use 2' vivs for things, but anything bigger, heat will be higher and so much harder to drop at far end.

and never kept a royal

·
Registered
7,602 Posts
You might be better with a statted heatmat if you can in a viv that small.: victory:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts