Reptile Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could somebody please tell me whats wrong with my beardies foot
ive just noticed this when he was basking but ive only had him about a week and he is lively now, was having trouble gettinh tim to eat but i am sure he eats at night. the owner said he only ate at nighttime but now im pretty sure hes quite ill or something. its my first beardie so i dnt reeli know any signs of illness and ive never had any trouble in the past with my other reptiles so ive jst started to panic really.

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
Broken foot? MBD? I have no idea but if you think he's ill then try get him into a vet. Sorry that I can't be of any help but some one will come along that's more wise!

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
I thought it might be a broken foot. Strangly enough, we've just seen one in the pet shop with a broken foot too.

A vet might not be able to do anything with it, but should be able to diagnose it.

·
Registered
524 Posts
imo it doesnt look serious.. is there anywhere in the viv he could of got it stuck between.. if its cut at all just get it cleaned and keep an eye on it: victory:

·
Registered
390 Posts
that looks broken and it doesnt look as though he has nails on those toes...looks like he could have had is foot trapped in the runners poss...get him to a vet...best not to risk it

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
he is very thin
i have taken him on because he clearly wasnt being looked after unfortunately,
i am just wanting to help him recover
please people dont accuse me of neglecting him or what ever. just tel me what i can do.

·
Registered
524 Posts
its also kinda hard to tell if thats a toe thats swollen on the end right or the rock, they are near enough the same colour

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no hes not missin a foot
hes just walking with his front right foot like on the side
i wish i could just help him and get him back to normal.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
can anyone help me fix my beardie?
how do you get them to feed?

·
Registered
8,227 Posts
What foods have you tried?
I personally would take him to a vet and get him checked over. He may have parasties which is why he is so thin etc. Also liquid calcium may be an idea as if he hasnt been eating he hasnt been getting any calcium etc.

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
It could be a break, a dislocation, a birth defect, MBD - there's loads of possible causes.

can anyone help me fix my beardie?
how do you get them to feed?
No-one online can help you "fix" it. You need to get it looked at by a reptile vet, who will be able to assess how severe it is and sort out any treatments if necessary. Part of taking on an animal in a bad way is knowing that you will have to foot the bill for any treatment.

What is the setup like? Warm end temperature, cool end temperature, UV lighting, thermostats etc? What substrate are you using, what foods have you tried, how are you dusting them, what are you gutloading them with etc?

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
warm end basking spot 110 cool end about 85-90 fluctuates
plenty room
tried crix locusts mealworms waxworms but he just keeps his mouth closed when i try hand feeding him.
havnt seen him touch his veg
the crix are either escaping them or hes eating them at night
calcium dusted and calcium bowl in viv also using multi vitamin every other day

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
and i didnt mean fix it
i meant help
sorry misinterpretation i knew what i meant.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts