Reptile Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, my corn snake went missing in July and we presumed he'd got out the house as the back door had been left open so much with the hot weather. However, 3 weeks ago I noticed my cat going mad in the kitchen and to my amazement, I noticed the snakes tongue sticking out from a tiny crack between the wall and the floor. We managed to get half of him out by tempting him with a mouse but he was very nervous and ended up grabbing it and shooting straight back under the floor! So its now been 3 weeks and theres been no sign of him. We've tried putting more mice down but there is now no sign of him. He usually feeds evey 2 weeks but has been under the floor for 7 weeks now and only had 1 mouse in that time. We have no way of getting the floor up without using an electric saw so we're obviuosly worried about cutting him in the process. He is 7 years old and about 4ft. Does anyone have any advice? I'm so worried that he is going to starve and am not sure how long he can go without food and water. I would really appreciate any replies

·
Registered
365 Posts
Hey Kaiya, I'm sorry about you losing your snake. it happened to me when I first got him 3 times, he ended up being where it was the most humid, if you try and put down things where he can climb in to and hide while having humidity in there, like a box with a hole at the bottom he may go there.

He will most likely move at night, it would be important not to go to the areas where you think he might be during the night.

Snakes stay to the sides so they feel things with there bodies so if you put a "trap" right close to the sides of bottom of cupboards or things like that, that’s the place where you will most probably trap him.

He will go in to the box and if you have placed a mouse in there he will eat it and stay there as it’s nice and dark. Then in the morning he will still be there.

Another trick is to put flour down on the floor at door entrances and see if there are marks in it in the morning or put flour around the places you think he is, then you can plan where you put your traps!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts