Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i put my 2 foot high ficus benjamina in the garden for the sunshine and the wind wind blow it of it stand one of the brances has half fallen one and it has lost a lot of leves
what do i do now

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
its to cold this time of year for house plants to be put outside the best thing you can do now is place it in a warm place and allow it to recover if its out of a viv/flex then put it back and treat it as normal give it a little fertiliser once a week
i would never put a plant from my viv out side as they could get infected by anything thats blowing in the wind

without seeing it and see the damage done i cant help but if the branch has not snapped then tie with some cord to give it support if snapped then you have two options
one break it of and bin it
or two wrap the break with moist moss then in cling film after a few months it may root then cut off from the main plant and grow on

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Ficus are prone to drop their leaves when moved from one light source to another at the best of times.....if it is a clean break reposition the branch and wrap it firmly with gauze strips to the main stem or even better ,as awh suggested, try to take it as a stem cutting by using the moss and cling film.
It may drop even more leaves now after going back into the viv but these normally will be quickly replaced

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
i put my 2 foot high ficus benjamina in the garden for the sunshine and the wind wind blow it of it stand one of the brances has half fallen one and it has lost a lot of leves
what do i do now

Too cold......only need a little draft at the roots and, bingo!, leaves go, I`d give up and start again with a new one (i work in hort sales, lol! hate figs for just those reasons........)

Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts