Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Can anyone help

I have had a Bearded Dragon for around 5 years now and was sold to as a male, couple of years ago it laid eggs.
So I thought it must be a female
I now have 2 dragons again purchased another as male a year and half ago.
The problem I have is that the first dragon is showing all the signs of being a male (even after laying 4 loads of phantom eggs)
Black beard, aggressive head bobbing and trying to mount the other lizard who just is not intrested.
I have looked at info on how to sex them, but I would say to my eye they are both female.

any advice?

Cheers

Chris

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
Females don't always get along...

Post up some photos of their vent area, from behind, with their tails raised to just under 90' vertically...

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will take photos now and post in 5 mins
They get along great 99% of the time always lying together.
but will be great to find out

Cheers

Chris

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
female :) like hades said females head bob and beard out it a sign of dominance and agression so maybe they had an argument (you know how us women ar :lol2:)

·
Registered
937 Posts
female :) like hades said females head bob and beard out it a sign of dominance and agression so maybe they had an argument (you know how us women ar :lol2:)
Beat me to it..:lol2:

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
is that for both pictures?, forgot to say that is a photo of each of them in turn and not the same lizard.

cheers

Chris

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the info, thats what i thought but had to check before trying to find a male to join them.

The oldest one tonight (the one that laid eggs ) was def trying to do the male role tonight even had the other one in the position.

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Thanks for the info, thats what i thought but had to check before trying to find a male to join them.

The oldest one tonight (the one that laid eggs ) was def trying to do the male role tonight even had the other one in the position.
i think its safe to say the one that laid eggs is female :lol2: prob just thinking well i want some dont care how i get it :lol2::lol2:

·
Registered
937 Posts
I think it was just her way for putting the other female in her place.
Trying to dominate her.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the help guys
you have been great.

Just wished the pet shops around here knew what they were selling. Might explain why they are no longer in business now.

Chris

·
Registered
937 Posts
Your probs better off buying from breeders:2thumb:

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Thanks for the help guys
you have been great.

Just wished the pet shops around here knew what they were selling. Might explain why they are no longer in business now.

Chris
pet shops think they know what they are selling or just tell you what they want you to hear and norm sell you s:censor: loads of stuff that you dont need. unfortunately they are in it for the money not the animals

1 - 20 of 21 Posts