Reptile Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got my royal python about 2 months ago now been feeding fine every week until last night when i feed him his mouse as normal an it looked like it got stuck half way down an then started having a fit and convultions any help would be sweet cheers

·
Registered
666 Posts
What do you mean? Did the snake finally eat the mouse? What happened after? Have you increased the size of the prey?
When I increased the size of the mouce for my royal she shook about a bit while eating it. I wouldn't go as far as looked like she was having a fit though. What happened was the mouse was eaten with a bit of the tail hanging out and my snake stretched up to ease the mouse down and was shaking slightly from side to side. If that's what happened, then your snake is fine. Mine does it sometimes and sometimes she doesn't.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no the snake was fully inside and it looked like it was choking and started having a fit so i made it regurgate it looks ok this morning just wondered if happened to anyone else

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I don't think it was a fit, I have seen Royals act this way when trying to adjust their body to get the prey to pass if it went down at an awkward angle.

·
Registered
14,291 Posts
I have had some babys here that pulled themselves in to the strangest positions in order to swallow their pray, eveything from having a third of their body bolt upright so squirming like a snake possessed, perhaps he was trying to adjust the mouse because a tooth was scratching his throat ??

·
Registered
666 Posts
no the snake was fully inside and it looked like it was choking and started having a fit so i made it regurgate it looks ok this morning just wondered if happened to anyone else
How did it look like it was having a fit? I really don't understand. I also wouldn't encourage anyone to make their snake regurgitate, it's very unpleasant for the snake.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts