Reptile Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP :? I need some advice I might be able to get 2 Chameleons but I have had many lizards and I have always wanted a Chameleon but dont know much about them.

Is it ture that they can live in a mesh viv? If so is the temp lower than most lizards or do they get there heat from B.light. IF NOT what is best set up?
I have heard that they dont hand tame to easy? is this true?
Can 2 live in same viv?

Junctions wife

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
Chams are quite terrotorial and I wouldnt recommend keeping 2 in the same enclosure, Im not sure whether it can be done with female pairs or opposite sex pairs in all honesty, but 2 males is an absolute no no.

Yes they can live very happily in a mesh cage like a flexarium, but still need high heat from a basking lamp with reflector. They stress quite easily and are not very handleable!

They are not really a species for beginners but providing you research very throughly you should be able top keep one quite happily.

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
i got told something like u'd need to keep them in an enclosure the size of a greenhouse if you kept two and even then if they confront eachother, as dramatic as it is to watch, they show amazing colours, its highly stressful and ur likely with dead pets. but trust me, one is highly fascinating to watch anyway and u should be highly satisfied with it.

good luck,

blazey

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks

thanks for advice, Not sure about having a greenhouse for them, the iggys all ready have my Living room!! :lol: Looks like I'm going to have to pick one!

·
Registered
343 Posts
You can kep them together but they will stress a lot if they do not have the room. So make to inclosurs. You can find more info in this section about housing them.If not pm me and i will tell you what you need.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts